ELPT TO EOL: Early Land Plants to Encyclopedia of Life
In 2009, over 30 liverwort and hornwort specialists from around the world came to Chicago. The following provides an outline of proceedings from that meeting.
We are pleased to announce that the the ELPT project will be holding a meeting dedicated to liverworts as part of a synthesis meeting with the kind support of the Encyclopedia of Life Biodiversity Synthesis Center based at The Field Museum, Chicago, U.S.A. Other sponsors include the National Science Foundation, the Global Biological Information Facility (GBIF), The Field Museum, Chicago, U.S.A., and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway.
Please check this site regularly for updates. ELPT wants to give a special thanks to both Audrey and Darolyn for all their efforts with logistics and organization.
Synopsis of meeting (preliminary)
- Day 1: Tuesday, May 26.
- Individual/group brief presentations
- Encyclopedia of Life
- Day 2: Wednesday, May 27.
- Targeted taxonomic groups [break-a-way groups]
- Day 3: Thursday, May 28.
- Targeted taxonomic groups - continued [break-a-way groups]
- Targeted taxonomic groups – brief reporting [full participation]
- Preliminary world liverwort checklist [full participation]
- Preliminary world liverwort checklist - continued [full participation]
- General Geography [full participation]
- Geography [break-a-way groups]
- Recap, review, regroup [full participation]